IEC 62037: Passive RF and Microwave Devices, Intermodulation Level Measurement
IEC 62037 applies to the general requirements and measuring methods for intermodulation (IM) level measurement of passive RF and microwave components which can be caused by the presence of two or more transmitting signals.
The standard specifies the use of two +43 dBm (20W) tones for the test signals for PIM testing. This power level has been used by RF equipment manufacturers for more than a decade to establish PASS / FAIL specifications for RF components.
This standard is part of the IEC 62037 series which addresses the measurement of PIM, but does not cover the long term reliability of a product with reference to its performance. There are six (6) sections to this standard to date. The sections are:
1) IEC 62037-1 - Part 1: General requirements and measuring methods
Preview Standard Buy Standard
2) IEC 62037-2 - Part 2: Measurement of passive intermodulation in coaxial cable assemblies
3) IEC 62037-3 - Part 3: Measurement of passive intermodulation in coaxial connectors
4) IEC 62037-4 - Part 4: Measurement of passive intermodulation in coaxial cables
5) IEC 62037-5 - Part 5: Measurement of passive intermodulation in filters
6) IEC 62037-6 - Part 6: Measurement of passive intermodulation in antennas
IEC 62037-1:2012 (IEC)
Last Updated 8/10/17