The Ashcroft 1082 Test Gauge features a solid-front aluminum case with a hinged ring. The dial has a polished mirror band for pointer reflection to prevent parallax error and is available in 4 1 ⁄ 2 ̋, 6 ̋ and 8 1 ⁄ 2 ̋ dial sizes in both lower and back connection. Pointer is a balanced-friction adjustable design with red knife edge tip for easy reading. Optional aluminum or phenol cases are also available.
- Externally adjustable dial (standard case)
- White aluminum dial, black numbers with polished mirror band
- Temperature-compensated movement significantly reduces temperature error
- MicroSpan adjustment for ease in span calibration
- Hydraulically staked movement with Teflon-coated gears and bearings improves stability
||0.25/ASME B40.100, Grade 3A
||Vac., compound, 10,000 psi
||41/2", 6", 81/2"
||Aluminum, solid front, black epoxy coated
||Hinged steel, black wrinkle finish
|Tube and Socket Material:
||–(A) Phosphor bronze tube, brass socket
–(P) Monel tube and socket
||400 Series SS rotary design, Teflon (1) S coated bearings, Micrometer span adjustment, Bimetallic temp. compensator (.005%/per °F max. temp. error