The Biddle 210415 15kV Meg ohmmeter is a high-voltage, line operated instrument. It provides a continuously variable test voltage for highly sensitive insulation resistance measurements of all types of electrical equipment and power cable. The instrument is designed to withstand harsh field conditions, and features tough, impact-resistance casing, removable lids and adjustable carrying straps. For complete portability, there is ample room in the case to store cables and the instruction manual. The unit is suitable for dielectric absorption and step voltage testing.
The 210415 provides direct reading measurements up to 100,000 M½ at 5 kV and up to 200,000 MΩ at 10 kV, with a multiplying factor for all other voltages up to 15 kV. The Biddle 210415 15-kV model also features an internal voltage stabilizer that may be activated for improved measurement under extreme field conditions. Separate on/off controls are provided for power and high voltage, and a red light indicates when high voltage is on.
Biddle 210415 Features
- Provides 2% kV and M½ accuracy Guard terminal to eliminate surface leakage current from the measurement
- Zero-start, high-voltage interlock
- Shielded, high-voltage output cable permanently connected to the instrument
- Circuit-breaker protection
- Redundant grounding connections
- Easy-to-follow, color-coded meter scales
- Analog metering for monitoring of variable measurements
- Rugged field construction