The Biddle 656621 AccuTrace Cable Route Tracer locates and traces any conductive line such as cable, pipe or metallic conduit. Depth of the line can be established quickly by taking advantage of the swivel-mounted antenna. Adding an optional ring clamp to the system provides a stronger inductive signal for tracing in areas with heavy cable activity. Blockages in water pipes such as sewer lines can be found with the use of an optional watertight capsule transmitter. A tape-on transmitter lets the operator locate collapsed duct work.
- Easy to use and simple to operate, this cable route tracer can be used successfully the first day in the field
- Conductive coupling lets the operator discriminate between multiple utility cables in a common trench and trace the line of interest. Conductive tracing also increases tracing distance
- Inductive coupling lets the signal be transmitted without a direct metal-to-metal connection. The operator can trace an energized cable using a distinctive transmitted signal. Also, cables that do not have exposed terminations can be traced with ease
- Both peak- and null-tracing mode methods can be used during a single trace to ensure accuracy and speed. Null tracing is very fast and can be used to identify sharp direction changes. Peak tracing can be used to find the cable at the start of the trace and to identify cable location when conditions make null tracing ineffective
- Superinductive circuitry allows, in the inductive tracing mode, the AccuTrace to trace longer lengths than any known competitor. If conditions such as cable depth make normal inductive tracing inefficient, the superinductor will produce a signal that the receiver can trace.
- The receiver picks up only the distinctive transmitted signal by filtering out electric noise and static
- Extremely loud, adjustable audio output eliminates the need for headphones in noisy areas. This makes the AccuTrace more comfortable and easier to use than units requiring headphones and visual interpretation
- Extremely lightweight receiver increases operator comfort when tracing long cables or when using for extended periods