The MegaPulse 1.2x50-16PF PV Solar Panel Tester was specifically designed to test to the requirements of IEC 61730-2, Test MST 14, Impulse Voltage Test. In light of the ever-increasing mains voltages of panel installations, we provide test voltages of up to 16kV, and an in-tolerance waveform into panel capacitances of up to 180nF. Our breakthrough technology requires only one tap, which saves test time and possible errors in delivering an out-of-specification waveform by using the wrong tap, or because of errors in measuring the panel capacitance. A single tap makes for a simpler, more robust build, and simplifies calibration and repair tasks.
Complies with IEC 61730-2 Para 10.5.3 and proposed IEC 61730-2 Issue 2 tolerances for a 1.2x50 waveform when testing a PV panel at up to 16kV with a capacitance range from 10nF – 180nF, an increase of 60% in voltage output and 66% in in-tolerance range from our previous tester. With the new TestMinder PF computer control which allows the output voltage to be set and varied inside a computercontrolled test sequence, the Compliance West MegaPulse 1.2x50-16PF PV is truly a breakthrough product.
Compliance West MegaPulse 1.2x50-16PF PV Features
- Up to 16kV test voltage at up to 180nF panel capacitance in tolerance.
- Front panel voltage meter indicates output peak voltage.
- Output voltage and polarity are controlled manually from the front panel.
- Ergonomically designed for safety, speed and efficiency.
- Cables, manual and calibration certificate included.
- External Safety Interlock disables HV charge and defeats test when circuit is open.
- Optional USB Testminder, computer control allows test plans and stores results.
Compliance West MegaPulse 1.2x50-16PF PV Specs
||800V – 16kV Tolerance ±3%
|Voltage Rise Time:
||1.2uS, tolerance -10%, +50% [Trise=1.67(T90%-T30%)]
|Voltage Duration Time:
||50uS, tolerance ±20%
||Knob or optional USB computer control
|PV capacitance range:
||10nF – 180nF
||5 digit LED display
|Voltage Meter Accuracy:
||1% of reading ±10V
||120V AC, 50/60Hz *optional different line voltage