A New Concept for High Current Testing in Substation & Industrial Installations. The Raptor is small, lightweight, accurate & far more productive than traditional primary injection test sets.
The Raptor MS features a digital waveform generator driving a 3-kVA switching amplifier designed for a maximum 15 kA throughput. The amplifier's output is applied to a toroidal winding that surrounds the Raptor’s pass-through hole internally. A concentrically aligned Rogowsky sensor measures the current inside the hole, providing continuous feedback to the amplifier for dynamic compensation of load or supply variations with an accuracy better than 1%.
In addition to the 20-400 Hz variable frequency and to the high current output which is common to all Raptor units, the MS features a 2000-VA auxiliary output that supplies up to 35 A in current mode and up to 200 V in voltage mode, as well as measuring inputs for external AC or DC, including a high sensitivity 0-3 V input. As an alternate method for trip detection, a binary input is also provided to monitor the activity of a dry contact or energized point in the object being tested. The input is sensitive to voltage for automatic mode switching. Finally, the MS includes a system expansion connector for future developments.
SMC Raptor Features
- Automatic output regulation with digital technology
- Multifunctionality for most primary injection testing
- Instant combination of units by infrared
- Loop-through high current technique
- Flexible modularity and adaptability
- Modern, robust and upgradeable technology
- Smart handheld controller with touch screen
- Results storage and reporting
- Predefined test templates
SMC Raptor Applications
- Circuit Breakers
- Reclosers & Sectionalizers
- CT’s (Ratio to Saturation)
- Heat Runs
- Ground Grid