The EXFO FTB-8130NGE Transport Blazer Test Module provides advanced DSn/PDH, SONET/SDH, next-generation SONET/SDH and OTN test functions in a single unit, eliminating the need for multiple purpose-built test platforms when commissioning or troubleshooting SONET/SDH, OTN and new data-aware SONET/SDH circuits. The increased demand for data and video services continues to drive the need for more cost-effective networks. Technologies such as next-generation SONET/SDH are becoming more important to service providers as they offer an economical means of introducing new revenue-generating, Ethernet-based transport services on existing SONET/SDH infrastructures. In addition, implementation of OTN (ITU-T G.709) will also help reduce the cost of operating DWDM networks by achieving higher transmission quality with longer optical links through the use of forward error correction (FEC).
- DS0/E0 to OC-192/STM-64 testing in a single module.
- Supports SONET, SDH, DSn, PDH, next-generation SONET/SDH and OTN testing.
- Ethernet-over-SONET/SDH (EoS) testing via GFP, VCAT and LCAS software options.
- OTN forward error correction (FEC) and optical channel data unit (ODU) multiplex testing capabilities as per ITU-T G.709.
- SmartMode signal structure discovery for rates of up to 10 Gbit/s, with real-time simultaneous monitoring of all discovered STS/AU and user selected VT/TU channels.
- Intuitive, feature-rich user interface with automated test scripting and multi-user remote management capabilities.