The capacitor charging high voltage DC power supplies are designed specifically to the requirements of capacitor charging or capacitor conditioning, i.e. they have a more heavily designed output resistor to with-stand a pulsed load and a regulating circuit, optimized for fast switching over between current and voltage regulation and vice versa.
In principle, the rectified line voltage drives a square wave generator of fixed frequency, whose AC voltage is trans-formed, rectified and filtered, producing the output voltage. For regulation, the square wave voltage is pulse width modulated.
FUG Elektronik HCK 20000M-1000 Features
- Efficiency approx. 90%
- In units of 20kV and higher, the HV-components are molded in (removable) silicon resin. From 35kV / 5000J/s on, the HV-components are isolated in oil
- Continuous charging or triggered charging via potential free external trigger input selectable (optocoupler input for 12 - 24V).
- Charging with adjustable constant current without over-shoot.
- Voltage and current setting by 10-turn potentiometers with precision scale; the adjusting knob can be locked
- Suitable for continuous or compensation charging
- No external protection resistor is required
- Permanent short-circuit proof
- 4½ digit DVM for charging current and output voltage (for table-top models)
- Pre-selection of the output voltage with display
- End of charge signal, when the final voltage is reached, via front panel LED and a potential-free interface for signalling to an external control system (optocoupler output)
- Suitable for capacitive loads with resistive elements
- The nominal current can be permanently supplied at maximum output voltage