Hipotronics CET-2000 Series Capacitive Discharge Primary Cable Fault Locator is designed to fill the requirement between the highly portable 5250 First Response Fault Locating System and the higher voltage/energy CF70 Series Capacitive Discharge Cable Fault Locators. The CET-2000 combines high discharge voltage with high discharge energy to allow location of a wide variety of cable faults, especially when used with a Hipotronics HV Digital TDR. In addition, the controlled energy capability is quite beneficial for testing of XLPE cable where a lower “thump” voltage but higher energy is best.
The CET-2000 can be used with a high voltage coupler (HVC-4100 Series) and a time domain reflectometer (TDR-1150 or TDR-1170) to quickly provide a specific distance to the fault in feet or meters. This combination of equipment can greatly reduce the amount of high voltage discharge (number of thumps) on the cable resulting in reduced damage or degradation to the cable under test. The package is very lightweight for the voltage and energy rating which makes for easy installation in all types of vehicles. The standard 5 feet output cable easily connects to a Hipotronics 8100 Cable Reel with a lockable MC connector. A standard MC locking plier termination is included.
- Self-Contained Unit Features Proof Tester, Burner and Thumper in One
- Burn Currents to 160mA @ 8kV
- Impulse Energies of up to 2000 Joules @ 8/16/32kV Capacitive Voltage Discharge
- Automatic and Manual Thumper Mode
- Operable from Line Voltage or Generator
- Single HV Output for All Modes
- Zero Start Interlock
- External Interlock
- Hipot Voltage up to 32kV
- Easily Interfaces to Hipotronics HV TDRs and Couplers