The IFR 2959 advanced multi-mode cellular test set is a high-quality instrument for comprehensive testing of AMPS, NAMPS, and TDMA (IS-54 and IS-136) phones and handsets operating within the 800 MHz band. CDPD wireless modem tests are also supported. The IFR 2959 simulates a cell site as it 1) makes measurements on a phone's transmitter emissions, 2) injects calibrated signals into the phone's receiver and 3) assesses the signaling behavior of the phone.
The voice quality of digital TDMA phones can be assessed with the 2959 VSELP and ACELP vocoders. The IFR 2959 test set allows sufficient control testing scenarios and test conditions so faulty phones and modems can be separated from fully functioning ones with whatever speed and resolution the operator requires. In addition to the normal registration and call functions, the IFR 2959 advanced multi-mode cellular test set provides control over specialized TDMA (ANSI-136) test features. These features include all eleven RF power levels, voice loopback tests, and BER verification on the phone's receiver.
• MO (Mobile Originated) and MT (Mobile Terminated) calls
• SAT and ST frequency error and deviation
• ST duration
• Receiver sensitivity in either 12 dB or 20 dB SINAD
• Forward and Reverse voice modulation
• DTMF tests of the handset
• RF frequency error
• Plots of transmitter and receiver performance over all the phone’s operating channels
||869.01 to 893.97 MHz (Mobile Rx Freq Channels)
|RF Output (T/R Port)
||-40 to -127 dBm