Testing Metro and Access networks calls for using cost-effective, versatile, high performance test equipment. JDSU has designed an optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) with the required performance and functions for the characterization of various optical networks, such as CWDM, wireless backhaul, and FTTx. The Metro-Access (MA) OTDR Module meets the challenges of commissioning a complete metro ring, troubleshooting a bend in a distribution frame, and qualifying high-port-count optical splitters.
The MA OTDR Module, part of the T-BERD/MTS-4000
family of products offers a lightweight, rugged, battery-operated handheld test solution. Its large display combined with comprehensive user interface makes it the ideal OTDR in response to any test scenario.
Viavi Solutions 4126MA Features
- Best-in-class OTDR module with 37/35 dB dynamic range and high resolution.
- First-to-market OTDR integrating a true Loss Test Set function.
- Traditional and in-service filtered wavelengths coupled into a single port.
- Optimize for testing through PON splitters.
- Instantaneous traffic detection when connecting live fiber.
- Automated bend detection.
- Possible combination with Triple-Play function, xDSL, Copper, and CWDM OSA modules.
Viavi Solutions 4126MA Specs
||SMF 9/125 μm
|Interchangeable Optical Connectors
||FC, SC, DIN, LC (PC or APC) and ST (PC)
||to 99 dB in dB step
|Laser Safety class (2 CFR)
||Kilometers, feet, and miles
|Group Index Range
||.30000 to .70000 in 0.0000 steps
|Number of Data Points
||Up to 28000 data points
||Automatic or dual cursor
||± m ±sampling resolution± .05 x distance (Excluding group index uncertainties)