Through its intuitive workflow-based user interface the Enterprise Services Application Module (ESAM) for the JDSU T-BERD/MTS-4000
modular platform provides users with physical media tests including speed-certification of electrical Ethernet cabling, network connectivity tests, discovery, wire-speed deep-packet statistics, and wire-speed protocol capture and expert analysis using unique, in-depth JDSU J-Mentor capabilities.
- Provides Layer 1-7 protocol capture and expert analysis
- Offers wirespeed deep packet statistics and analysis
- Tests network connectivity
- Performs network discovery
- Conducts a full range of physical media tests
- Offers a workflow-based user interface
||RJ-45 for cable test
||10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T for Network tests
||For SFP modules (1000BASE-SX standard, other optional SPFs
||RJ-45 Link and Activity LEDs
|Power consumption with ESAM
||22 Watts maximum
|Cooling with ESAM
||3 internal temperature-controlled low-noise fans
|Battery Life with ESAM
||Approximately 2.0 hours w/Base Unit Li-ion (9-Cell)
- Perform all-in-one enterprise testing: verify that copper cables support gigabit Ethernet, test network connectivity (from Ethernet interface discovery to Layer 4 Port connectivity), discover network devices both on and off the subnet, collect statistics and analyze network utilization/traffic patterns, and perform wirespeed capture on gigabit Ethernet links.
- Speed certify electrical Ethernet up to 1000BASE-T.
- Isolate and resolve Ethernet or IP problems in the field using unique, in-depth JDSU J-Mentor capture and decode capabilities.