The ONT-506-OC192 SONET/SDH Optical Network Tester will allow operators to further enhance transport capacity in the optical network, extend distances between systems, and improve its flexibility and responsiveness in setting up new high-bandwidth services as well as lowing operating costs for these services. High-end core routers with 40 GB/s short reach interfaces are becoming an important market driver, reducing the number of interconnecting fibers within the central office. Big benefits are the lower cost, space and power consumption. In long-haul networks, a key to 40 GB/s migration is the ability to utilize the existing line system.
- 3061/90.85 CLK Sum module
- 3061/90.32 OTN Module 10/10.7G-B, 1550 nm/Electrical module
- 3061/90.97 Jitter module 10/10.7G-C
- P7A SONET SDH 1G Ethernet
Viavi Solutions ONT-506 Features
- First portable 40/43G (SDH/SONET/OTN) and jitter/wander test solution.
- Combination of multiple technologies and multiple ports for fast and flexible testing.
- Selection of plug-in instrument modules for SDH/SONET, PDH/DSn, OTN, EoS, Jitter, and Ethernet testing.
- High accuracy jitter testing with high measurement margin allows for reproducible XFP/SFP qualification.
- Preventing measurement gaps by analyzing 1000 channels in parallel of SDH/SONET systems.
- Real multi-user behavior leverages the mainframe investment.
- High coverage with 6-slot, multi-port mainframe.
- Independent use of modules speeds up testing.
- Easy integration into automated environments with Tcl/Tk and LabWindows libraries, multi-user access, and Linux operating systems.
- Portable with large, color, touch screen and easy-to-use GUI.
Viavi Solutions ONT-506 Applications
- 40/43G Jitter/Wander - Supports verification of 40G SDH/SONET and 43G OTU-3 network elements. It includes evaluation of physical layer, including jitter and wander, and conformance testing of the transport layer.
- High-accuracy Jitter/Wander - Allows for jitter and wander generation and high accuracy analysis of signals from 155 Mbps up to 10.7 Gbps.
- ONT Module-E 10G LAN/WAN/OTN - Addresses the need of board and system testing of LAN and WAN systems and is mapped into OTN overclocked.
- OTN G.709 - Provides full functionality for system verification of 2.7, 10.7, and 43 Gbps equipment.
- OTN overclocked - Complete testing of a 10GigE client in OTN 11.05/11.1G and 10G FC Layer 1 in OTN 11.27/11.32G.
- MultiChannel SDH/SONET - Simultaneous testing of all 1000 channels of a 2.5 Gbps signal at STM-16/OC-48 or STM-64/OC-192 interfaces.
- NewGen EoS - Allows for evaluation of SONET/SDH signals up to 10 Gbps, including Virtual Concatenation, LCAS emulation, GFP, and Ethernet MAC traffic.
- Ethernet - Enables generation and analysis of Ethernet traffic on electrical 10/100/1000M and optical GigE interfaces and allows for interworking with NewGen EoS.