The Acterna / JDSU MTS-8000 is a field-scalable optical test platform for both installation and maintenance. Based on the rich MTS-5000 heritage, the MTS-8000 is the industry's most innovative and cost-effective test solution for metro networks. A single Transport Module provides an integrated solution for Ethernet, SONET, SDH, PDH, and T-carrier networks. Optical Modules allow thorough testing of short-haul, long-haul, FTTx, CWDM, and DWDM networks.
- Configure with numerous application modules and a variety of storage media, including USB memory stick, and read/write CD-ROM
- All application modules are field-installable so that existing MTS-5000 users can simply field install the optical plug-in by adding an extender
- A Large color transreflective display is offered as standard for improved visibility for use in direct sunlight. A touchscreen option is available
- Extended battery life with up to 2 Lithium ion cells
- Base unit can house Visual Fault Locator (635 nm), Power Meter (800 to 1650 nm), and Optical Talkset (45 dB) options
- Optical talkset allows both communication and file transfer along the fiber
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results via OFS100 FiberTrace Software and OFS200 FiberCable Software