500-950 or 900-1725nm Optical Pulse Power Meter
The Keysight 8151A cannot be operated without an optical head. All heads carry interface adapters for fiber connectors and bare fibers.
Keysight 8151A Features
- Peak and average power measurements
- O/E transducer capability
- Enables the user to accurately determine upper and lower peak power levels
- Instrument's transducer has a frequency range of 250MHz, and outputs an electrical signal which corresponds directly to the optical input waveform
Optical Characteristics of HP 81512A Optical Head
- Wavelength Range: 900 to 1725nm, cal for 1300nm
- Maximum Core Diameter: 100µm
Optical Power Measurements
- Parameters Measured: high, low, and mesial power levels, amplitude, extinction ratio, average power
- Measurement Range: 0dBm to -50 dBm
- Resolution: 3 digits (Watts), 1pW min.; 4 digits (dB), 0.01dB min.
Transducer (opto-electric conversion)
Actual waveform depends on measurement range. Calibrated for 1300nm.
- Transition Time: ≤ 3ns
- Perturbations: ≤ 10% of amplitude