The Keysight V2820A RF Vector Signal Analyzer provides extensive and unique capabilities for signal analysis of devices that use both existing wireless standards and new wide bandwidth, complex modulation, high throughput wireless communication standards. The V2820A’s wide signal capture bandwidth enables measurements of wideband signals such as 802.11n 40 MHz WLAN.
The instrument allows a PC to act as the instrument controller, bypassing the internal controller and enabling IQ data transfer rates exceeding 100 Mbits/second which is essential for high-speed data acquisition and measurement of wireless devices such as femtocells. In addition, the V2820A’s single port input option allows the analyzer to connect directly with femtocells without the need for external switching.
Agilent V2820A Features:
- 400 MHz to 4 GHz or 6 GHz
- Switch between maximum dynamic range and maximum tuning speed with ultra-low phase noise option
- Measure wideband signals such as 40 MHz WLAN
- ±0.6 dB absolute amplitude accuracy (typical)
- -150 dBm/Hz displayed average noise level at 1 GHz with pre-amp on
- 250 µs frequency switching speed
- < -140 dBc/Hz phase noise at 300 KHz offset with a 2 GHz carrier
Applications and Operation Flexibility
- MIMO-ready capability for WLAN and WiMAX™
- Multi-purpose measurements: spectrum analysis, adjacent channel power ratio, channel power list, zero span
- Output I-Q data to a PC for analysis
- Connect directly to single port wireless devices such as femtocells for RF sourcing and RF measurements without external switching