The Magna Power PQD600-5/208, 600 Volts, 5 Amps DC Power Supply combines the best of dc power processing with multiprocessor embedded control. A combination of high and medium frequency power processing technologies improves response, shrinks package size, and reduces cost. The PQD600-5/208 power supply is current fed and is more tolerant to abusive loads than conventional switching power supplies.
The PQD600-5/208 power supply offers both master/slave parallel and series operation. This enables two or more power supplies to be placed in parallel for increased output current or in series for increased output voltage. With master/slave operation, power supplies operate at near equal voltage and current.
The Magna Power PQD600-5/208 power supply can operate as a voltage source or current source depending on the control settings and load conditions. If the power supply is operating as a voltage source and the load increases to a point beyond the current command setting, the power supply automatically crosses over to current mode control and operates as a current source at that setting.
The PQD600-5/208 power supply digital control has one-hundred memory states available to program voltage, current, over voltage trip, over current trip, and time period. Set points can be auto sequenced with time or external triggering. Special programming codes allow repeating to create a power function generator. The first 10 memory states are displayed on the front panel to simplify programming tasks. It offers an analog input to modulate the voltage or current setting. This feature enables the voltage or current setting to be adjusted by a sensor input, such as a thermistor, or by monitoring its own voltage or current. Modulation allows the output to be tailored for advanced process control applications, battery charging, and source emulation.
- Custom output voltage
- IEEE-488 Interface
- Ethernet Interface
- USB Interface
- EMI Filter
Magna-Power Electronics PQD600-5/208 Features
- Input voltage: 208/240 Vac, 50-400 Hz, 3φ
- Series and parallel master/slave operation
- High dielectric withstand: 2500 Vac
- 50 Hz to 400 Hz input frequency
- All user interface circuitry referenced to earth ground
- OVT and OCT shutdown standard
- Automatic V/I crossover
- RS232 interface with SCPI commands
- Optional IEEE-488 or Ethernet programming
- Front panel potentiometers for stepless rotary control
- Front panel calibration
- User friendly controls and indicators
- Remote Interface Software with self-teaching features
- Drivers: Certified LabWindows/CVI and LabVIEW for GPIB, Serial, and TCP/IP communications
- Load dependent air or option water cooling
- High power factor
- CE Mark