The Magnavolt TC.P Modular High Precision Switch Mode DC Power Supply is part of a compact medium-frequency transformer with highly specialized magnetic core material supplies the process energy to the galvanically isolated, floating output. Either the positive or negative output can be connected to ground. Controlled on a semi-resonant basis by IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors), the transformer reaches a very high level of efficiency, and works without any noise in the ultra-sonic range. Their primary switched compact DC power supply provides excellent dynamics of output voltage-, -current and power. This is the result of the uncompromised use of digital signal processors in an optimized multi-processor architecture and of a full digital control structure. Typical system response times with resistive loads are below 1 msec and with mixed resistive / inductive loads about 1 - 2 msec. All regulation and monitoring tasks are carried out by high performance digital signal processors. The full digital regulation system delivers high accuracy and long-term stability. The power supply displays the operating status such as constant voltage mode, constant current mode or constant power mode on the front panel.
Magnavolt TC.P Features
- The built-in TopControl software enables the user to communicate with the power supply through the interface RS-232 which is part of the standard configuration.Application Area Programming (AAP) feature allows for modeling, editing and storing of hundreds of voltage to current curves and graphic system analysis with the SCOPE function (4-channel oscilloscope function).
- Scope images have a zoom function and AUTOSCALE for scope images which can be stored and re-called for remote diagnosis and analysis. Instead of the time axis, a so called input variable Uin, Cin or Pin can be selected. The user is now able to define a transfer function for the other two quantities.
- Comprehensive alarm and error management, programmable alarm and error limits with integrated timer function in order to suppress transients.
- Versatile Switching and Monitoring. Monitoring of the output quantities by means of error limits with hysteresis, window-function and timer functions.
- Programmable alarm and error limits with integrated timer function to suppress transients. Instead of the time axis a so called input variable Uin, Cin or Pin can be selected. The user is now able to define a transfer function for the other two quantities.
- AAP curves are programmable and can be edited and stored with the TopCon without any additional software. Graphic visualization of the functions in the plot window, import / export of AAP functions in EXCEL and connection of the unit to LabView via proprietary DLL for visualization of the system.
- Optional versatile and programmable built-in function generator TFE for time-dependent functions with a resolution of 50usec (for all set values: U, I, P). Standard curve forms are available. Arbitrary curves online programmable and scalable with graphic display of the curves in the plot window.