The Megger models DET20C measure earth/ground resistance and current flow using clamp-on technology. The instruments induce a test current into the system without the need to disturb existing connections. Either unit is a useful addition to the more traditional methods of earth/ground resistance testing that may require disconnection and the use of stakes or ground rods. Simply clamp around the conductor or stake/rod and measure the resistance to ground fast and accurately.
The DET20C can also be used to measure earth/ground resistance in multiple loop installations without disconnecting the earth or ground. This allows the user to perform the test quickly and easily in total safety, with the added convenience of having a single point of measurement to read the earth/ground resistance. Each instrument also provides a true RMS current measurement reading to better indicate potential measurement problems and provide a useful overview of the dynamics of the general earth/ground system. The units are rugged, compact and have configurable audible alarms. They also feature auto shutdown (which is also configurable), data storage and self calibration on power -up, and are supplied with a calibration loop – all contained in a rugged carry case. The DET20C also comes with a USB inter face cable and is compatible with Megger Download Manager Software (included) allowing further analysis and storage of data.
Megger DET20C Features
- Measures ground resistance from 0.025 Ω to 1550 Ω
- Measures ground leakage or phase current from 0.2mA to 35A.
- Configure high and low alarms with audible indication for fast field checks.
- Easy and fast clamp-on operation. No need for cables or auxiliary rods/stakes.
Megger DET20C Applications
- Measure resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings.
- Multi-grounded systems without disconnecting the ground rod/stake under test.
- Measure leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground systems.
- Cell towers, RF transmitters and telecommunications sites.
- Inspect and verify lightning protection systems.
- Variety of consumer installations, including pools, spas, etc.
- Measure shield leakage current to ground for shield continuity checks