Unparalleled in capability, the Megger L1071 Portable Locator finds buried cable and pipe in various situations. Capable of locating long or short ranges, inductive or conductive, active or passive, the units deliver quick and accurate results with a user-friendly interface.
Operating the receiver at multiple frequencies optimizes performance for the specific needs of the user. Low frequency of 815 Hz provides longer range and reduced errors from adjacent cables, ideal for electric power services. High 82 kHz frequency will path locate past bad telephone bonds, locate underground stubs and permit inductive locating with either the optional flexible coupler or direct soil induction. A special design feature on both units allow the user to select and compare receiver information on two frequencies simultaneously, without having to return to the transmitter. Excellent passive 50/60 Hz locating will pinpoint active power lines and other utilities where AC is present without the use of the transmitter.
The portable locator also features SONDE detection and locating. By selecting this feature, the user is able to choose a SONDE that will match the same frequency and the receiver.
Megger L1071 Features
- Multiple transmit/receive frequencies provide accurate long or short range locates.
- Push-button depth measurements up to 15 ft (4.6 m) quickly identify service depths prior to digging.
- Passive 60 Hz detection serves as an excellent safety feature for identifying live underground primary and secondary utility cables.
- AC circuits in common trench situations. Passive detection also allows convenient locating of energized electric services.
- High power at low frequency solves the difficult multi-point grounded utility locating problem.