The Konica Minolta CA-100 CRT Color Analyzer is an easy-to-use instrument for white-balance adjustment on CRT production lines, with color measurement and analyzer functions plus data-communication capabilities.
The Konica Minolta CRT CA-100 Color Analyzer was designed to upgrade the white-balance process on production lines for color TV sets and computer color monitors in the CRT industry. The multi-function Minolta CA-100 reduces the time required for white balance adjustment and inspection, and provides numerical values for white-balance control. It is even equipped with data-communication capabilities, allowing it to become part of a computerized quality-control system or even a fully automated production line. Continuing advances in consumer televisions, such as higher reliability, higher image quality, larger screens, and more features, plus the increased used of high-fidelity computer color monitors in image-control applications, make the color-reproduction characteristics of CRTs increasingly important. To ensure accurate color reproduction, white-balance adjustment must be performed utilizing a high-accuracy, high-reliability instrument. With a variety of internal features plus a wide range of optional accessories to provide additional functions, the Konica Minolta CA-100 can be used to speed up white-balance adjustment and inspection of many different kinds of CRTs. In addition, data communication and measurement control can be performed via an RS-232C or GP-I6 system, making it possible to use the Konica Minolta CA-100 on a fully automated production line.
- Wide luminance measurement range of 0.20 to 999cd/m2; (0.06 to 292 fL) allows
measurement of virtually any CRT. Luminance units of cd/m2 or fL can be changed by the user
- Different memory channels (11 standard; expandable to 100 with optional card) can be used to
store calibration values or standard colors for different CRT types. Each channel can be labeled
with a 10-character ID name for easy identification
- Measurements can be displayed as xyY (colorimetric coordinates, luminance) or T 4uvY
(correlated color temperature, color difference from blackbody locus, luminance) values.
Measured values are displayed both digitally and on LED analog scales
- Range of LED analog display scales can be set by the user between 0.1 and 99%
- A standard RS-232C interface is built into the Konica CA-100 for outputting data to a separate computer or controlling the CA-100 from the computer
|Synch. Mode ||Measurement Rate ||Purpose |
|NTSC ||10 times/s ||For measurements of NTSC-system televisions (vertical scanning rate: 60 Hz) |
|PAL ||8 times/s ||For measurements of PAL- or SECAM-system televisions (vertical scanning rate: 50 Hz) |
|EXT ||7 times/s (for 60 Hz synchronization signal) ||For measurements utilizing an external synchronization (vertical scanning rate: 40 to 90 Hz) |
|UNIV ||5 times/s ||For measurements of CRTs for which vertical scanning rate is uncertain and from which synchronization signal cannot be obtained |
- White-balance adjustment and inspection on CRT production lines
- Quality control and shipping inspection by CRT manufacturers
- Receiving inspection of CRTs by computer manufacturers