The Konica Minolta CL-500A is a lightweight, compact illuminance spectrophotometer used for the evaluation of high-class, next-generation lamps such as LED and EL illumination. It is the first handheld illuminance spectrophotometer to conform to both DIN and JIS standards. The Minolta CL-500A can measure illuminance, color temperature, CRI (Color Rendering Index), chromaticity, and spectral power distribution. Plus, the S/P ratio of scotopic illuminance and photopic illuminance can also be displayed.
The Minolta CL-500A's convenient measurement functions include continuous measurement mode, display of the averaging of multiple measurements, delayed-measurement function, and the display of data at a specific wavelength. The spectral irradiance can be measured at 1-nm pitch from 360 to 780nm, so it can be used for measuring the color of light and photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD). High speed measurement is possible using the Software Development kit (5 times/second).
The data management software CL-s10w, is included as a standard accessory. It includes a template for expressing the chromaticity variation of illumination light sources such as LEDs or OLEDs in terms of the MacAdam SDCM (Standard Deviation of Color Matching) step. This allows display of color differences that closely match visual judgment. The software is also equipped with an LED binning function and a spectral irradiance waveform display.
Konica Minolta CL-500A Features:
- Portable, lightweight, compact and handheld
- Conforms to both DIN and JIS standards
- High-speed measurement possible using the software development kit
- Can be operated with USB bus power
- Measures and displays both the general color rendering index (Ra) and the special color rendering indexes (R1 to R15)
- Scotopic illuminance and the S/P ratio of scotopic illuminance can be measured with the instrument alone and with the included software
- Measurement functions: Continuous measurement mode, average of multiple measurements, delayed measurement and the display of data at specific wavelengths
- CS-S10w data management software included as a standard accessory