The Phaser-Strobe incorporate the unique design features of the Nova-Strobe Family and has an increased operating range of 30 to 32,500 flashes per minute, the highest available. It also has true external Phase Shifting throughout the complete operating range, based on a reference signal from an external sensor. The Phaser-Strobe can multiply or divide the flash rate by two with the press of a button, quickly identifying the basic speed and harmonics. The unique digital adjustment knob of Phaser-Strobe can select the decade for adjustments, so coarse and fine adjustments of flash rates are made quickly and with significantly better resolution than competitive units. The memory feature of the Phaser-Strobe allows three frequencies to be stored in memory, accelerating measurements that require the use of several different flash rates which can be displayed in both flashes per minute or flashes per second. Phaser-Strobes operate with internal rechargeable batteries. They may also be used with an external battery pack or operated continuously from line power with the available Power Supply/Battery Charger.
Monarch Instruments Nova-Strobe PB Features
- Flash rates from 30 to 32,500 flashes per minute, adjustable in 0.05 step increments, to 3000 fpm and 0.5 step increments to 32,500. The all digital, crystal controlled microprocessor keeps readings rock steady.
- PB 115 Kit (shown right) includes carry case and spare lamp
- Times 2 and divide by 2 push buttons allow easy checking for RPM harmonics and allow stop motion far beyond the 32,500 fpm limit.
- Store and recall up to 3 user selectable values. Last measurement memory, even with the power off.
- Individual in and output TTL jacks for provides power to remotes sensors and allows "daisy chaining" multiple strobes. A Tachometer mode allows accurate speed measurement up to 200,000 RPM using external sensors.
- Dual-function delays in external mode. Delays adjustable as phase angle or time with resolution to 0.1 degree and 0.0001 seconds.
- Auto step mode provides slow motion appearance for high speed repetitive event.
- Backlit alphanumeric LCD display shows flash rate in flashes per second or flashes per minute and delays in degrees or milliseconds.
Monarch Instruments Nova-Strobe PB Specs
||30-32,500 FPM (Flashes per Minute) (RPM) 0.5-533.33 FPS (Flashes per Second) (Hz)
||±0.01% of reading
|Digital Adjustment Knob
(All ranges and modes)
|32 detents per revolution. Decade change push mode enables any value to be changed in decade steps (powers of 10) from 0.0001 to 10,000 per detent
|Flash Rate Resolution
||±0.05 FPM 30.00-2,999.95 FPM
±0.5 FPM 3,000.0-32,500 FPM
|Phase Delay - Degrees
||0-359 ±0.1 100-3,499.0 FPM
0-355 ±0.1 3,500-9,999.9 FPM
0-350 ±0.1 10,000-32,500 FPM
|Time Delay - Seconds
||0-6.500 seconds ±0.0001 seconds
|Auto Step Mode (Range)
||Step Size 0.0-180.0° Step Rate 0.0001-6.50 seconds per step
|Flash Energy (Typical)
||150 mJoule < 10,000 FPM; 50 mJoule > 10,000 FPM
|Flash Duration (Typical)
|Average Power - Watts
||5-200,000 RPM from external trigger (flash inhibited above 33,000 FPM)
(1/8" phone plug)
|Input Pulse - 5 microseconds, TTL to 24V max
|Trigger Output/Remote Sync (Typical)
||5V TTL compatible negative edge, 500 microseconds pulse
||Internal rechargeable batteries or ACT power supply/recharger
||2.5 Lbs. (1.2 kg) including batteries