The Olympus (Panametrics) 25 Ultrasonic Thickness Meter is a hand-held ultrasonic precision thickness gauge. This precision microprocessor-based instrument uses pulse-echo techniques to measure material thickness when both sides of the test material are not easily accessible. The gauge also measures sound velocity and pulse transit time in most solids and liquids.
The Model 25 uses three modes of operation with contact, delay line, and immersion transducers. It also includes a feature called Application Auto-Recall, which allow both Standard Default and Custom Stored Application Setups. In general, one of the seven Default Transducer Setups is adequate for most applications. However, if your application requires a special setup, the Model 25 offers five Custom Setup locations that may be programmed by the user.
The Model 25 is equipped with a serial communications port for connecting the gauge to either a DOS PC Scope program or WIN25 PC Scope software. Both programs allow the user to make adjustments to transducer setups while viewing the RF Waveforms.
Olympus 25 Features
- Thickness range: 0.003 to 20.000" (0.080 to 500mm), dependent on material and transducer type
- Backlit display
- High-Low Alarm functions
- Differential Mode
- Maximum Resolution of 0.0001" (0.001mm)
- Display HOLD/BLANK mode
- Long battery life
- Measurement in Inches or Millimeters with instant conversion
- Multiple Languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- MIN/MAX Mode
- Optional RF Waveform Oscilloscope output to your computer
- Rugged case and a sealed keypad that is color-coded and provides tactile and audible feedback
- Semi-automatic keyboard calibration
- Internal Self-Test Modes
- Calibration lockout function to prevent accidental change to calibration or measurement mode