The OMICRON DANEO 400 is a hybrid measurement system that records and analyzes all conventional signals (voltages, currents, hard wired binary status signals) and messages on the communication network in a substation. It measures signals from both of these worlds and can provide information to assess their proper coordination. The device keeps track of what is going on in the substation by obtaining information on the operational status and communication. A measurement system with multiple DANEO 400 units obtains a time aligned view on signals covering the entire scope of a distributed protection and automation system. All acquisition units are accurately time synchronized. DANEO 400 units are configured and controlled by the DANEO Control PC software. A selected feature set is also available via the built-in DANEO 400 web interface.
OMICRON DANEO 400 Features
- Simultaneous recording of analog/binary signals and network traffic
- Distributed recording with multiple units
- Time synchronized measurements
- IEC 61850 GOOSE and Sampled Values support
- Aggregated and time-aligned presentation of results