The Spirent SmartBits SMB-2000, 20 Slot Network Analysis System has become the industry standard for measuring the performance limits of everything from an emerging technology in a development lab to the largest enterprise network. The SMB-2000 is widely used to test a variety of network devices and complex network configurations, including 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, and Frame Relay.
The SMB-2000 chassis can be configured with any combination of up to 20 single-port SmartCards. The SMB-2000 test system is completely scalable and may be grouped to support 640 ports with local or remote control over the Internet.
Spirent SMB-2000 Features
- Accommodates a comprehensive set of powerful, technology-based SmartCards for Ethernet, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Bundled with three PC-based software applications for comprehensive performance analysis (SmartWindow™, SmartLib™, and SmartApplications™).
- Supports a 10 Mbps Ethernet connection to a host PC.
- Provides remote control through the Internet. Can also be controlled via an RS-232 port.
- Provides GPS Support. You can remotely synchronize the timing mechanism of multiple chassis by using the external GPS kit. This allows accurate measurement of one-way latency and jitter, 100-ns accuracy time stamps, and system start/stop.
- One workstation can control up to eight SmartBits stacks (32 chassis with a total of 640 ports) via SmartLib.
- Multiple users can simultaneously access the SMB-2000.
- Includes RJ-45 expansion-in and expansion-out jacks. Accepts external 10 MHz clock signals.
- Up to 512 chassis can be synchronously connected by using SmartBits multi-chassis extension units.
Spirent SMB-2000 Specs
- SmartBits chassis with 20 SmartCard slots. Controllable over the Internet or from a PC equipped with SmartWindow.
- Includes a 19" rackmount.
- Input Power: 90-264 VAC. Nominal 115 or 230 VAC, 47-63 Hz.
- Dimensions: 19"W x 6.75"H x 15"D (48.3W x 17.2H x 38.1D cm).
- Weight: 27 lbs. (12 kg) fully-loaded. Shipping weight approximately 30 lbs. (13.5 kg).
- Operating environment: 59° to 104° F (15° to 40° C); 20 to 80% relative humidity. Must have space for unimpeded airflow into the fans at the side of the chassis.
- Local stacks must be located within 1 meter of each other.
Spirent SMB-2000 Applications
- AST II™
- SmartCableModem Test ™
- SmartLib™ Programming Library
- Turn Up Connect™