The Thermo Keytek ECAT E501B Combination Wave Surge Simulator is a plug-in module for the Thermo Keytek ECAT Modular EMC Test System
to produce the combination waves required by IEC 1000-4-5, ANSI/IEEE C62.41 Cat. B and UL 1449 (15 Aug 98) at 3kA.
- E501B-VI: Provides monitoring of the peak surge voltages and currents at the output of the E501B module. All measurements are logged by software for diagnostic evaluation or Go/No-Go testing. (Note: If an ECAT coupler/decoupler is included, waveform monitoring is available at the output of the coupler/decoupler without the addition of Option E501B-VI.)
- E501B-S: Provides an oscilloscope trigger for the E501B.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Thermo Keytek E501B Features
- Open-Circuit Voltage: 1.2/50ms to >6kV peak
- Short-Circuit Current: 8/20ms to >3kA peak
- Complete software-selectable test parameters, including 10-ohm series output resistor
Thermo Fisher Scientific Thermo Keytek E501B Specs
||1.2/50μs, 200V –
6.6kV -5% +10% in 1 volt steps (same waveform defined as 1.2/50μs in IEC 469-1)
||8/20μs, 100A – 3.3kA
-0% +10% with 2 ohm effective source impedance (same waveform defined as 6.4/16ms in IEC 469-1)
With a 12 ohm effective source impedance, the peak short-circuit current is approximately the open-circuit voltage ÷ 12. The short-circuit current is then no longer 8/20ms and does not fulfill the 500A combination wave requirements of UL 1449.
|Rise Time Tolerance:
||±30% for voltage; ±20% for current
(Note: When used with a three-phase coupler/decoupler, the voltage waveform durations may be reduced when couplingwith multiple lines to PE.)
|Surge Repetition Rate:
||1 shot/12 seconds
|Line Sync Accuracy:
||±15° with optional coupler/decoupler