The new WIKA micro calibration baths form the ideal addition to the series CTD9100 and CTD9300 temperature dry well calibrators. Because of their small insertion depth and the resulting stem conduction error, short sensors suffer a marked increase in their measurement uncertainty with temperature dry well calibrators. Even if one compares the test specimens with an external reference thermometer, they might not be correspondingly short. Once the immersion depth falls below 70 mm, then a micro bath is preferable to a dry well calibrator in all instances.
If several sensors are to be calibrated simultaneously, the micro bath also offers advantages: Thermometers of different stem diameters can be calibrated together without having to have close-fitting inserts beforehand. This is in particular useful with on-site calibrations, where there is a wide variety of test specimen types and their stem diameters are not known.
WIKA CTB9100 Features
- Two ranges: -35 ... +165 °C and 40 ... 225 °C
- Large tank from Ø 60 x 150 mm free depth
- Short reaction time of bath temperature
- Continuously adjustable stirrer
WIKA CTB9100 Applications
- Calibration in the pharmaceutical and food industries
- On-site calibration of short temperature sensors
- Simultaneous calibration of several sensors