The synthesized source has low phase noise and 1 Hz frequency resolution. VCOs are used for frequencies above 3 GHz and an integrated RF synthesizer for the 1 MHz to 3 GHz range. Optionally increased output power is available from 3 to 24 GHz. Internal filtering results in excellent harmonic performance of <-50 dBc (70 MHz to 24 GHz) for improved scalar measurement accuracy. Optional step attenuators are available to set low output powers for amplifier or receiver testing.
In CW mode the source can be used for local oscillator substitution. A power sweep is provided for amplifier gain compression testing. External FM can be applied by connecting an AF generator to the rear panel. The internal modualtion option provides frequency modulation of the source or pulse patterns for internal or external pulse modulators. The internal pulse modulator option allows either
an external pulse generator to be connected via a rear panel BNC connector or utilizes the pulse patterns available from the internal modulation option. The pulse patterns may be configured and selected in either single pulse or multi-pulse formats. When used with the scalar analyzer the source provides a swept synthesized output for frequency characterization of components and systems.
- Precision scalar network measurements
- 3 GHz, 8.4 GHz, 20 GHz, 24 GHz and 46 GHz frequency versions
- Low noise synthesized signal source with optional step attenuator
- Real time transmission line Fault Location to 0.1% accuracy
- EEPROM corrected scalar detectors for accurate measurements
- Applications interface allows guided and automatic testing
- Modular design for rapid service
- USB for results transfer, storage and printing
- Internal pulse modulation option