Fluke 80K-40 High Voltage Probe

Need Help? Call (800) 404-2832ATEC AssuranceWorldwide Delivery
Fluke 80K-40 High Voltage Probe
Enlarge Image
Fluke 80K-40
Request Quote Print Page

The Model 80K-40 is a high voltage accessory probe designed to extend the voltage measuring capability of an ac/dc voltmeter up to 40,000 volts Overvoltage Category I. This means the probe can only be used to make measurements on energy limited circuits within equipment. Examples include high voltage within televisions or photo copy machines.

DO NOT use this probe to measure high voltages on power distribution systems.

The probe is a precision 1000:1 voltage divider formed by two matched resistors. The unusually high input impedance offered by these resistors minimizes circuit loading and thereby, optimizes measurement accuracy. A special plastic body houses the divider and provides the user with isolation and protection from the voltage being measured.
Fluke 80K-40 Specs
Voltage Range 1 kV to 40 kV dc or peak ac, 28 kV rms ac
Input Resistance 1000 MΩ
Division Ratio 1000: 1 (1000X attenuator)
Accuracy DC 20 kV to 35 kV: ±1% at 20°C to 30°C; add 1% at 10°C <20° C and >30°C to 45°C. (For total measurement accuracy add accuracy specification of voltmeter being used.) 0 kV to <20 kV and >35 kV to 40 kV: ±2%.
Accuracy AC 60 Hz, ±5%
Safety Meets IEC 1010-2-031:1993, Type B, 40 kV dc or, peak ac, 28 kV rms ac, Overvoltage Category I (voltages derived from limited energy transformer)

To avoid damage or electric shock, use high voltage probes under dry conditions (no condensation) in low energy applications, such as CRT supplies.