1.1 These requirements cover discrete electrical control units and accessories for fire alarm systems to be employed in accordance with the following National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards:
- NFPA 12, Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems;
- NFPA 12A, Halon 1301 Fire Extinguishing Systems;
- NFPA 13, Installation of Sprinkler Systems;
- NFPA 15, Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection;
- NFPA 16, Installation of Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems;
- NFPA 17, Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems;
- NFPA 17A, Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems;
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code;
- NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm Code;
- NFPA 92A, Recommended Practice for Smoke-Control Systems;
- NFPA 92B, Guide for Smoke Management Systems in Malls, Atria, and Large Areas;
- NFPA 2001, Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems.
The products covered by this standard are intended to be used in combination with other appliances and devices to form a commercial fire alarm system. These products provide all monitoring, control, and indicating functions of the system. An installation document(s) provided with the product describes the various products needed to form a fire alarm system and their intended use and installation. 1.3 These requirements do not cover manual boxes, automatic fire detectors, automatic transmitters, or other initiating devices; nor do they cover notification appliances not provided as part of the product.
Retrieved from UL.com