The Battery Ground-Fault Locator (BGL) simplifies the tracking of ground faults on floating dc-powered control systems.
It features automatic operation, can be used on live battery systems and has the unique capability of detecting, tracking and locating multiple faults on a battery system without having to resort to sectionalizing.
This is accomplished by injecting a low- amplitude 25 Hertz test signal on either the positive or negative side of the power bus and tracking the signal with one of several available clamp-on sensor probes.
A fault simulator also is provided with the instrument, allowing the periodic verification of the resistance and capacitance ranges of the BGL.
Megger BGL Features
- Locates ground faults on floating battery systems
- Operates on floating or resistance-grounded battery systems
- Multiple fault detection and tracking
- Automatic operation
- Battery operated
- Reads resistance directly (1 ohm to 100 kilohms)
- Operates in the presence of surge-correction capacitors
- Fused output leads for maximum user safety
- Battery operated with internal automatic charger
- Measures capacitance
- Lightweight and portable
- Tough polyethylene plastic sealed enclosure that provides high shock and vibration resistance
Megger BGL Specs
|Input (specify one)
||120 V, 60 Hz, 30 VA OR 240 V, 50 Hz, 30 VA
||1 Ω to 100 kΩ
||1 to 100 μF
||±15% to ±40%
||25 Hz nominal, 3.5 V rms maximum, 110 mA maximum
|Maximum Ripple Current
||0.5 A (ac)
||32 to 122° F (0 to 50° C)
||-40 to +149° F (-40 to +65° C)
||Up to 80%
||13 H x 14 W x 10 D in. (330 H x 356 W x 254 D mm)
||25 lb (11.3 kg)