The Preen AFV-P High Performance Programmable AC Power Source Series features programmable AC power sources with DC output and precision measurement. These compact power sources provide clean power with THD less than 0.3% at 50/60 Hz, and deliver an output voltage of 0-310 V, operating at a frequency of 40-500 Hz (opt. 15-1000 Hz). They are ideal for commercial, defense and aerospace test applications—from design verification to quality assurance, ATE and mass production. AFV-P series units measure rms voltage, rms current, true power, apparent power, power factor, crest factor, reactive power and more.
The AFV-P is an ideal unit for representing different real-world grid conditions, especially power adapters testing by varying frequency and voltage during manufacturing tests. The AFV-P’s output frequency can go up to 1000Hz, which is suitable to test avionic devices operating at 400Hz or 800Hz. The power line disturbance features, such as Step, Ramp, and Transient, allow the user to build a wide range of waveforms in a sequence to simulate grid faults and fluctuations, and these can also be easily configured by control software of the AFV-P.
With a total of 1200 Steps in 50 built-in Memories, users can easily use the AFV-P for testing various voltage and frequency combinations to simulate global AC power conditions, or by adding Transient feature, extreme gird fluctuations such as surges, sags, spikes and dropouts can easily be configured. With the state-of-the-art PWM technology, the AFV-P series is capable of delivering up to 4.5 times of peak current from its max. rated current, making it ideal for inrush current tests. Users can define the starting and ending phase angle from 0 to 360 degrees. The AFV-P Series’ 5" touch screen with rotary knob allows quick adjustments and configurations of voltage, current and frequency. Users can control AFV-P via standard interfaces, and free control software and LabVIEW driver are available for easy programming and remote control.
The Preen AFV-P High Performance Programmable AC Power Source Series consists of the AFV-P-600
Preen AFV-P Features
- Compact and high power density: 600VA to 2500 VA is only 2U and 5000 VA is 5U.
- AC source with DC output: extend the applications to DC testing
- Wide output voltage of 0-310V and output frequency of 15-1000 Hz
- THD is only under 0.3 % when output power is under 100 Hz
- Ideal for inrush current: capable to deliver up to 4.5 times of peak current.
- Start/End phase angle: users can define the start and end phase angle from 0° to 360°
- Current foldback feature: have output current maintain constant based on the load which output voltage varies.
- STEP and RAMP function: ideal for voltage and frequency variation tests and effectively reduces the inrush current during motor startup.
- TRANSIENT generation provides users an easy setup for power line disturbance (PLD) simulation.
- Users can quickly set and view the parameters via 5 inches touch panel or rotary knob, which provides an easy operation and measurement display.
- Free control software and LabVIEW driver: allow users to easily program and remote control.
- High slew rate: less than 300 µs from 0~90% output voltage
Preen AFV-P Specs
||0 - 420Vrms
||±(0.2% of reading + 5 counts)
||15 - 1000Hz
||±0.1Hz at 40.0 - 500Hz, ±0.2Hz at 501 - 1000Hz
||±(1% of reading + 5 counts) at 40.0 - 500Hz, ±(1% of reading + 10 counts) at 501 - 1000Hz
|Peak Current Resolution
||±(2% of reading + 10 counts) @ 40 - 500Hz, ±(2% of reading + 15 counts) @ 501 - 1000Hz