The Tektronix 1103 is an accessory power supply that provides external power to TEKPROBE BNC Interface probes. The Tektronix 1103 allows customers to use probes requiring TEKPROBE interface power with any oscilloscope or digitizer that does not provide TEKPROBE BNC power. The Tektronix 1103 offers two independently controlled channels consisting of a TEKPROBE BNC interface input, a voltage offset control (providing variable offset or no offset) and BNC signal output.
The offset control supplies a voltage, adjustable via the front panel control. This offset control is available for TEKPROBE BNC probes with this capability. These include: P6235, P6245, P6246, P6247, P6248, P6249 and P6330.
The characteristics for TEKPROBE BNC Interface probes are subject to change when used with the 1103 TEKPROBE Power Supply. Bandwidth, Rise-time, Propagation Delays will generally differ from the advertised probe only specification. These are dependent upon:
1) the cable length from the output BNC connector to the oscilloscope input
2) the instrumentation input impedance the output BNC is being connected to
3) any additional adapters required to properly interface to the test instrumentation.
To use TEKPROBE BNC Interface probes on the 11800, CSA800, TDS8000, CSA8000 or any non-TEKPROBE BNC interface test instrumentation requires an 1103 TEKPROBE Power Supply, an SMA Male to BNC Female adapter, a 50 Ω BNC cable and if required a 50 Ω feed-through termination.
Tektronix Test Equipment 1103 Features
- Powers up to Two Probes
- For Use with P6205, P6243, P6245, P6246, P6247, P6248, P6249, P6330, P6701B, P6703B, P5205, P5210, ADA400A and TCP202 on other than TEKPROBE BNC Interfaced Scopes
- Overload Protected 1103
Tektronix Test Equipment 1103 Specs
- Output Voltage ±2% - +15 V, -15 V, +5 V, -5 V.
- Output Current - 300 mA.
- Pin 1: n.c.
- Pin 2: n.c.
- Pin 3: +5 V.
- Pin 4: +15 V.
- Pin 5: Offset ±1 V.
- Pin 6: -5 V.
- Pin 7: -15 V.
- Power Consumption - ≤35 W.
Tektronix Test Equipment 1103 Applications
- High-speed Digital Systems Design
- MOS: CMOS; FastCMOS; BiCMOS; TTL
- Component Design/Characterization
- Amplitude levels
- Propagation Delay and Timing
- Bandwidths and Rise Times
- Educational Research
- Manufacturing Engineering and Test