The Tektronix RSA7100A is a high performance spectrum analyzer focused on wideband analysis and signal recording. By separating the RF acquisitions from the compute engine, a graphics processor can be used in place of previously required FPGA designs for real time processing. As processor capabilities advance, new performance can be easily maintained for the system with PC upgrades instead of RF hardware replacement, making the RSA7100A a smart choice for minimizing long term costs. You can also harness the power of this CPU/GPU combination in your own simulations and designs, using the instrument as a powerful workstation.
The RSA7100A is designed for engineers working on the latest wideband designs in communications, radar and electronic warfare and for spectrum managers who need to see the effects of new wideband systems when fielded and operational. Analysis of signals is enabled with two software packages. SignalVu-PC for real time, spectrum and vector signal analysis, and DataVu-PC for analysis of the very large file sets produced when recording wideband signals.
Tektronix Test Equipment RSA7100A Features
- 16 kHz to 14/26.5 GHz frequency range covers a broad range of analysis needs
- High performance spectrum analysis for advanced design verification with -134 dBc/Hz phase noise at 1 GHz, 10 kHz offset and typical amplitude accuracy of 0.5 dB at 10 GHz
- Standard 320 MHz real time bandwidth
- Available 800 MHz acquisition bandwidth at frequencies > 3.6 GHz for advanced Radar, communications and spectrum management requirements
- Real time triggers on events of 4 ns in time domain, 700 ns in frequency domain ensures you catch the signals of interest first time, every time
- Streaming capture to internal RAID of over 2 hours (maximum of 2.75 hours) at full 800 MHz bandwidth enables environment recording and analysis of long event sequences
- DataVu-PC software for analysis of recorded events of any length includes ability to mark events of interest, export waveforms to other formats and perform pulse analysis with export of Pulse Descriptor Word (PDW) information
- Simultaneous streaming and real time analysis for live monitoring of recording events ensures you are getting the data you need
- Efficient fast-frame capture with dead-time eliminated optimizes memory and analysis so you can analyze longer test sequences
- Standard real time spectrum analysis with DPX spectrum/spectrogram minimizes time finding transients and interference
- Standard measurements including channel power, ACLR, CCDF, OBW/EBW, spurious search and amplitude/frequency/phase versus time provide a complete tool set for development work
- Application licenses for SignalVu-PC are available to provide a wide variety of analysis including modulation, pulse, WLAN and frequency/phase settling measurements
- Internal GPS receiver available for precise time stamping of events