As the transmission rate or bandwidth of fiber optic systems is pushed upward, high frequency design considerations become essential. The Keysight 8703A measures each of the system elements that transmit these wide bandwidths. The lightwave component analyzer operates with a swept modulation frequency to precisely characterize how lasers, LEDs, photodiodes, and electro-optic modulators operate with a high-speed information-bearing signal similar to an RF/µW network analyzer.
- Modulation frequency: 130 MHz to 20 GHz
- Calibrated frequency response measurements of high-speed optical, electro-optical, and electrical components
- 1300 nm or 1550 nm operation
- Reflection measurements with <1 mm resolution <5 mm two-event resolution up to 50 dB optical dynamic range.
- Includes option 012, 100, 210