The EZCT-2000C is Vanguard’s third-generation microprocessor- based current transformer test set. Designed specifically for CT testing, the EZCT-2000C has the following outstanding features that can greatly increase productivity and save time during the commissioning stage. The EZCT-2000C’s test leads can be connected to all the CT output terminals, and the complete CT test can be performed automatically without any operator intervention.
The CT excitation test is performed using the ANSI/IEEE C57.13.1 test method. Test voltage ranges from 50, 300, 500,1200 and 2000 Vac can be selected for the excitation test. The test voltage is raised and lowered automatically by the EZCT-2000C. The excitation test voltage and current data is collected and stored in the unit's internal memory. Knee point voltages (ANSI 10/50, IEC 60044, IEEE-30, IEEE-45) are calculated and printed on the test report.
All of the test leads can be connected to the CT output terminals (X1, X2, X3, X4 and X5), and there is no lead switching required during testing. This convenient arrangement allows for testing any of the 10 possible combinations of X1 to X5. Up to 10 excitation tests can be stored in one record. Once the test is completed, the test report and CT excitation curves can be printed on the built-in thermal printer.
Vanguard EZCT-2000C Features:
- Performs CT excitation, current-ratio, polarity, and phase angle tests
- Measures insulation resistance and winding resistance of the CT seconday windings
- Measures the CT's secondary burden
- Test record header information including company, substation name, circuit ID, manufacturer, CT serial number, operator name, and test record-comments
- Built-in 4.5-inch wide thermal printer
- Plot Multiple Saturation Curves
- Stores up to 128 CT test plans and 140 test records internally
- USB, Bluetooth, and USB Flash drive interface