Vishay 2310 Features
- Double-shunt (for transducer) across opposite bridge arms.
- Single-shunt (for stress analysis) across any bridge arm, including dummy gage.
- Circuit (2-level, dual polarity):
- Provision for 4 dedicated leads to shunt external arms.
- Cal circuit selected by switches on PC board.
- Standard Factory-Installed Resistors ( + 0.1%) Simulate:
+ 200 and + 1000 microstrain at GF=2 across dummy half bridge;
+1000 microstrain at GF=2 across dummy gauge (120 and 350Ω);
+ 1 mV/V (double-shunt) for 350Ω transducer.
- Remote-Operation Relays (Option Y):
4 relays (plus remote-reset relay for bridge balance and relay for excitation on/off). Each requires 10 mA at 5 Vdc, except excitation on/off 25 mA.
- Characteristic: Low-pass active 2-pole Butterworth standard.
- Frequencies (-3 + 1 dB): 10, 100, 1000 and 10 000 Hz and wide-band.
- Outputs Filtered: Any 1 or 2 or all (switch-selected on PC board).
- Standard Output: + 10V at 5 mA, min.
- Tape Output: + 1.414V (1 Vrms) at 5 mA, min.
- Galvanometer Output: + 10V at 75 mA, min, current-limited at 100 mA, max (minimum load resistance for 0.05% linearity: 50Ω).
- Galvanometer attenuator (0-100%) and zero adjust (+ 1V) on front panel.
- Linearity at dc: 0.02%.
- Any output can be short-circuited with no effect on others.
- Input: + 1.414V full scale; input impedance 20 kil ohms.
- Gain: X1 to tape output; X7.07 to standard output.
- Filter Selection: As specified above.
- Outputs: All three as specified above.
- 105 to 125V or 210 to 250V (switch-selected), 50/60 Hz, 10 watts, max.
Signal Conditioning Amplifier System:
While the Model 2311 provides wider frequency response and more versatile excitation, both 2310 and 2311 Signal Conditioner/Amplifier Modules accept inputs from strain gauges, load/pressure/dc displacement transducers, potentiometers, RTD's and nickel temperature sensors, without any internal modification.
Vishay 2310 Specs
All specifications nominal or typical at +23 deg C unless noted.
- Strain Gauges: Quarter(120Ω or 1000Ω and 350Ω), half or full bridge (50 to 1000Ω). Dummy resistors installed.
- Transducers: Foil or piezo-resistive strain gauge types.
- Potentiometer: DCDT displacement transducer.
- 12 settings: 0.5, 0.7, 1, 1.4, 2, 2.7, 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 12 and 15 Vdc + 1%, max.
- Current: 0-100 mA, limited at 175 mA, max.
- Regulation (0-100 mA, + 10% line change): + 0.5 mV + 0.04%, max measured at remote sense point. (Local sense: -5 mV, typical, at 100 mA, measured at plug.)
- Remote Sense Error: 0.0005%/Ω of lead resistance (350Ω load).
- Noise and Ripple: 0.05% p-p, max (dc to 10 kHz).
- Stability: 0.02%/deg C.
- Level: Normally symmetrical about ground; either side can be grounded with no effect on performance.
- Method: Counter-emf injection at preamp; automatic electronic; dual range; can be disabled on front panel.
- Ranges (auto ranging):
+ 5000 microstrain (1% bridge unbalance or 2.5 mV/V), resolution 2.5 microstrain (0.0012 mV/V).
+ 25 000 microstrain (5% bridge unbalance or 12.5 mV/V), resolution 12.5 microstrain (0.006 mV/V).
- Balance Time: 2 seconds, typical.
- Manual Vernier Balance: + 50 microstrain ( + 0.025 mV/V).
- Interaction: Essentially independent of excitation and amplifier gain.
- Storage: Digital; up to 2 years without line power.
- Gain: 1 to 11 000 continuously variable. Direct-reading.
+ 1% max of reading; + 0.5% max of full scale vernier setting.
- Ten-turn counting knob (X1 to X11) plus decade multiplier (X1 to X1000).
- Frequency Response (all gains >5, full output):
dc coupled: dc to 25 kHz, -0.5 dB max.
dc to 65 kHz, -3 dB (typical at 40% output).
ac coupled: 5 Hz to 25 kHz, -0.5 dB.
- Input Impedance: 100 MΩ, min, differential or common-mode, including bridge balance circuit.
- Bias Current: + 50 nA, typical each input.
- Source Impedance: 0 to 1000Ω each input.
- Common-Mode Voltage: + 10V.
- Common-Mode Rejection (gain over X100):
Shorted input: 100 dB, min, at dc; 90 dB, min, dc to 1 kHz.
350Ω balanced input: 90 dB, typical, at 1 kHz.
- Stability (gain over X100): + 2 microvolts/deg C, max, referred to input (RTI).
- Noise (gain over X100, all outputs):
0.01 to 10 Hz: 1 microvolt p-p RTI.
0.5 Hz to 125 kHz: 5 microvolts rms, max, RTI
* Can be used with a Vishay 2360 4 Bay Portable Adapter