The 81133A single-channel 3.35 GHz Pulse Pattern Generator is the latest product in the long history of Keysight's high-speed Pulse Pattern Generators. When timing and performance requirements are critical, for example in high-speed serial bus applications like PCI Express or Serial ATA, its fast rise times and low intrinsic jitter allow the precise and in-depth characterization of devices, e.g. receivers or backplanes. Like its predecessor, the 8133A, the new 81133A sets the standard for high-speed applications. The 81133A lets you test your DUT instead of the pulse or data source! For applications that require multiple output channels or multi-level signaling like pre- and de-emphasis (PCI Express) or squelch (Serial ATA), please refer to the 81134A.
The 81133A offers hardware-based PRBS and memory-based pattern generation. Basic test patterns for Infiniband, PCI-Express and Serial ATA can be defined. The deep 12 MBit pattern memory supports tests that require long data streams like disk drive tests. With the new PC-based Pattern Management Tool, it is now even easier to handle long patterns. The tool allows to generate, modify and store patterns on a Microsoft Windows based PC. In addition, it provides an easy-to-use function to quickly load the selected pattern to the 81133A via one of the remote control interfaces GPIB, LAN or USB.
- Frequency range from 15 MHz - 3.35 GHz
- Single output channel
- Low jitter
- Fast rise times (20%-80%) < 60 ps
- Delay modulation (jitter emulation)
- Variable cross-over point (eye deformation)
- LVDS applications can be addressed with output levels from 50 mV to 2 V
- PRBS from 25-1 to 231-1
- 12 MBit data pattern memory, RZ, NRZ, R1 modes
- 8 kBit data Burst capability
- Graphical User Interface
- PC-based Pattern Management Tool
- Remote control via GPIB, 10/100 MBit Ethernet and USB 2.0
- SMA connectors for all inputs & outputs