The 81160A Pulse Arbitrary Noise Generator 330 MHz Pulse, 500 MHz Sine is a high precision pulse generator enhanced with versatile signal generation, modulation and distortion capabilities that are integrated into one instrument to minimize cabling, space, and test time. It eliminates the need for cumbersome multi-instrument setups for stress testing devices. It provides versatile waveforms along with superior signals with an intrinsic jitter of 7 ps rms. This combination of characteristics helps engineers define better performance specifications for their devices. The 81160A Pulse Function Arbitrary Noise Generator is ideal for general-purpose bench tests and advanced serial data stress tests.
- Generation of 330-MHz pulses and 500-MHz function/arbitrary waveforms with a 2.5-GSa/s sample rate and 14-bit vertical resolution;
- Selectable crest factors for white Gaussian noise lets engineers determine how much distortion to apply to a device during stress testing to meet various serial bus standards;
- Glitch-free timing parameter changes allow engineers to change the frequency without drop-outs or glitches and enable continuous operation without rebooting or resetting the device under test; and
- Arbitrary bit patterns show capacitive load of the channels using simple pattern settings. Complex measurement setups are no longer necessary to test designs to their limits.
- Pulses 330 MHz, 500 Mhz sine waves, 660 Mbit pattern
||1μHz to 330 MHz
||1.5 ns to (period - 1.5 ns) spec.
||100 ps, 6 digits
||± 300 ps ± 50 ppm