The Amplifier Research FL7040 2MHz–40GHz Field Strength Probeis a smart, fast, extremely accurate electric field probe that contains an internal microprocessor to provide linearization, temperature compensation, control, and communication functions. Noise reduction and temperature compensation allow accurate measurements down to 2 V/m without zero adjustment. Microprocessor based linearization technology provides a 54 dB dynamic range. When rotated about its critical angle mount, the probe provides typical isotropic response of ±1.5 dB to 40 GHz.
The FL7040 is laser powered to allow for continuous operation without recharging or battery replacement.
Correction factors are provided with the probe. These factors can be loaded into the Model FM7004 Field Monitor to automatically correct the probe readings at user-specified frequencies. When correction factors are applied, the true accuracy of the probe can be realized.
- Amplitude Accuracy (field aligned with sensor axes)
- Without correction factors applied: ±1.0 dB @ 10 MHz
- With correction factors applied:
- Typical expanded measurement uncertainty (95% confidence interval)
- 0.8 dB, 2 MHz–1 GHz
- 1.4 dB, 1 GHz–40 GHz
- Response Time/ Sampling Rate (through FI7000): 20 msec/up to 50 samples per second, USB and GPIB only
- Isotropic Deviation (measured at the critical angle):
- ±0.5 dB @ 10 MHz
- ±1.5 dB, 2 MHz–40 GHz (typical)
- Operating Range: 2–1000 V/m
- Linearity, 2 to 1000 V/m: ±0.5 dB
- Temperature Stability: +0.5 dB over operating temperature range
- Damage Level: 1200 V/m CW
- Ranges: Single continuous range
- Data returned from probe: X, Y, Z axes, and composite
- Power Requirements: Laser powered from FI7000 interface