The ProfiTest PV Solar Panel Tester is a peak measurement and characteristic curve tracer that can be used for the measurement of characteristic IV curves of photovoltaic modules and strings. It is also capable of calculating peak power, internal series resistance (Rs) and shunt resistance (Rp) on the basis of measured values directly at the ProfiTest PV system's installation site.
- Internal data memory for up to several thousand measurements
- Acquired characteristic I-U curve is highly accurate thanks to steady measurement at the capacitive load
- Displayed (calculated) values: peak power PPk, internal series resistance RS, internal parallel resistance RP, instantaneous values: Upmax, Ipmax, Pmax, UOC, ISC, FF, Tmod, Tref, ETRMS
- Power and temperature measurement via four-conductor cable for error-free results
- Sensors for irradiation and temperature are integrated by means of analog technology with a rugged data transmission line. As a result, irradiation can always be measured in realtime, and irradiation fluctuations are reliably detected within the millisecond range. As a rule, measurement data cannot be transmitted continuously with solutions based on radio transmission, and thus only a snapshot is provided. However, irradiation typically changes by up to several hundred W/m2 even in the millisecond range.
- Continuous display of momentary irradiation and temperature provides information regarding measuring conditions.
- Universal input allows for use with commercially available irradiation reference sensors, assuring trouble-free on-site use of adapted sensors and sensor replacement.
- Operation of the PROFITEST PV via a PC with direct import of results (e.g. for continuous measurement)
- External power pack with broad-range input for charging the batteries, and for continuous operation of the measuring instrument
- Open interfaces allow for operation of the instrument in special applications as well
- High level of intrinsic safety thanks to included load disconnector (1000 V / 32 A DC)
||Max. 100 kHz
||0.01 to 0.25 V, 0.005 to 0.001 A (depending on selected measuring range)
||Better than 1%
|Ascertainment of Peak Power
||0 to + 40° C
||0 to + 40° C
||–10 to + 85° C (without batteries)
|Relative humidity Operation
||10 to 90% (non-condensing), no condensation allowed
||5 to 95% no condensation allowed
||Lead-acid, 12 V / 3.4 Ah (continuous operation: approx. 3 hr.),
||Approx. 40 W
|External power pack
||In: 90 to 263 V AC, 47 to 63 Hz, 40 W,
Out: 16 V DC