The AFL Noyes FLX380 FlexTester 3 OTDR is the world’s smallest, lightest, most complete single mode fiber optic test set. It combines high performance, multi-wavelength OTDR / PON OTDR, OLS, OPM, VFL and PON Power Meter in a rugged, hand-held package.
With 41 dB dynamic range, best-in-class event, attenuation, and PON dead zones, macrobend and splitter detection, launch quality check, plus AFL’s unique ServiceSafe and Wave ID features, the FLX380 FlexTester3 Series offers an unmatched combination of optical test functions, ease-of-use, portability, and value. FlexTester3 Series is offered in four models to best suit your application requirements:
- FLX380-304: Verify both in-service (live) and out-of-service FTTx networks from a single port. Includes 1310/1550/1650 nm live PON OTDR with integrated PON Power Meter.
- FLX380-303: Similar to FLX380-304, but with 1625 nm filtered Live PON OTDR, instead of 1650 nm.
- FLX380-302: Complete out-of-service testing at all FTTx PON wavelengths (1310/1490/1550 nm).
- FLX380-300: Lowest cost, high-performance, all-in-one 1310/1550 nm OTDR for out-of-service installation testing or troubleshooting on both FTTx PON and point-to-point fiber optic networks.
Over 1000 OTDR test results (Telcordia SR-4731 .SOR file format) may be saved in the FLX380’s internal 4GB memory. Stored OTDR and OPM results may be transferred to PC via USB cable or wirelessly via Bluetooth®. Windows® compatible TRM® 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software is included for OTDR and OPM results viewing, analysis, and professional report generation.
- 3rd generation hand-held, all-in-one OTDR, OLS, OPM, VFL
- Patented in- or out-of-service testing from a single port
- 41/41 dB dynamic range @ 1310/1550 nm
- Industry-leading 0.8/2.5/30 m event / attenuation / PON dead zones
- ServiceSafe™ live PON detection and OTDR test without service disruption
- Integrated OLS/OPM with Wave ID reduces test time 80% and eliminates setup errors
- Rugged, hand-held and lightweight (<1 kg)
- High-contrast display: clear and bright, even in direct sunlight
- Industry leading battery life: over 12 hours operation from a single charge
- It’s all about speed: with Instant On, you’re ready to test in <5 sec
- All models include integrated VFL plus Wave ID source and power meter.
- Certify new FTTx PON or point-to-point fiber installations, including splice, splitter and connector loss and reflectance, end-to-end length, loss and optical return loss (ORL).
- Troubleshoot live FTTx PONs, including live PON detection and PON power measurements plus live PON OTDR testing at 1625 or 1650 nm.
- Complete multi-wavelength end-to-end insertion loss tests faster and eliminate setup errors using AFL’s Wave ID loss test feature.
- Generate stable optical source signals (CW, Wave ID or fiber-identifying tones) using the integrated Optical Laser Source.
- Trace fibers or locate fiber bends or breaks using the VFL (visible red laser).