OFL280 FlexTesters offer an unmatched combination of fiber test functions, ease-of-use, portability, and value. All OFL280 FlexTester models include:
- Single-mode, dual or triple wavelength OTDR with standard and PON modes
- Optical Power Meter (OPM)
- Optical Light Source (OLS)
- Visual Fault Locator(VFL)
- TRM 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software
- Optional FOCIS Flex or FOCIS PRO connector inspection solution
OFL280 FlexTesters are ideal for the outside plant environment – standard features include:
- Powerful, easily-learned user interface
- Color display easily viewed in both direct sunlight and dimly lit areas
- 12 hours continuous operation from rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Fast power-up (< 5 seconds) with battery-saving auto-off
- Rugged, but light weight at only 0.8 kg (1.7 lb)
- Native language support in over a dozen languages
Using the new
LinkMap with Pass/Fail option, even novice users can easily identify, locate and characterize connectors, splices, splitters, macrobends and fiber ends. LinkMap represents the tested network using color-coded icons, graphically identifying network elements and indicating pass/fail status. With the touch of a button, users can toggle between LinkMap and Trace views.
All FlexTesters include AFL’s exclusive Wave ID source and power meter capability. With Wave ID, the power meter automatically synchronizes its wavelength to that sent by the Wave ID source. Test time is significantly reduced, and wavelength setup errors (mismatch between source and power meter) are eliminated.
OTDR test results may be saved as .SOR files and transferred to a PC via USB or Bluetooth for viewing, printing, and analysis using supplied Windows® compatible TRM 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software. TRM can also be used to view power meter results and prepare professional, customized test reports including OTDR and power meter results plus FOCIS connector inspection images.
Advanced analysis and reporting capabiities, including macro-bend detection and bi-directional trace averaging, are available by upgrading to TRM 2.0 Advanced.
provides a great balance of function and value for out-of-service network testing. Dual-wavelength testing at 1310 and 1550 nm is normally sufficient to certify FTTx PON and point-to-point networks, detect macro-bends, and troubleshoot out-of-service optical networks. OFL280-102
offers 1310/1490/1550 nm OTDR / Source wavelengths for more complete testing of out-of-service PONs. OFL280-103
triple-wavelength model adds patented ServiceSafe™ live fiber testing with integrated PON Power Meter. PON testing is simplified with the following functions all provided from a single test port:
- Certify dark PON and point-to-point networks at 1310/1550 nm
- Perform high-resolution fault-location on in- or out-of-service FTTx PONs at 1625 nm
- Measure downstream FTTx power levels at 1490 and 1550 nm
OFL280 FlexTester Configuration Options:
OFL280 FlexTesters are available in multiple kit configurations to best meet your needs:
- FlexTester Complete / Complete2 Kits -- Combines user-selected OFL280 FlexTesterwith standard accessories plus either FOCIS Flex or FOCIS PRO Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System, user-selected Optical Fiber Identifier, 150 m Fiber Ring launch cable and cleaning supplies in a rugged, waterproof hard-shell carry case. IncludesLinkMap with Pass/Fail and TRM 2.0 Advanced upgrades!
- FlexTester PRO / PRO2 Test & Inspection Kits -- Combines user-selected OFL280 FlexTester with standard accessories plus either FOCIS Flex or FOCIS PRO Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System and optical connector cleaning supplies in a rugged, waterproof hard-shell carry case. Includes LinkMap with Pass/Fail and TRM 2.0 Advanced upgrades!
- FlexTester with Soft Carry Case -- Combines user-selected OFL280 FlexTester with standard accessories Plus One-Click Cleaner in a convenient, lightweight soft carry case.LinkMap with Pass/Fail and TRM 2.0 Advanced upgrade available.
All OFL280 FlexTester kits include (1) SC and (1) FC adapter for the OTDR/OLS port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the OPM port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the VFL port, USB cable (connects with Type A USB port on your PC), Windows-compatible TRM 2.0 trace analysis and reporting software, rechargeable, replaceable Li-Ion battery pack, and AC power adapter with a country-specific power cord. Specify the connector ferrule finish (UPC or APC) at order entry time.