Tektronix PA4000 Power Analyzers deliver highly accurate, multi-channel power, energy, and efficiency measurements. Precisely-matched inputs, unique Spiral Shunt™ technology, and advanced signal processing deliver high accuracy even with highly modulated waveforms and crest factors as high as 10. The versatile PA4000 offers comprehensive power measurements. Dual current shunts provide optimal resolution from microwatts to kilowatts. Harmonics analysis up to the 100th harmonic, and motor analysis with torque and speed inputs are included in the standard instrument. Every PA4000 comes with multiple PC interfaces, PC software, and USB flash drive support to help you collect and analyze data.
The PA4000 is the only instrument of its kind to feature both high- and low-range internal current shunts in each input module. The 30-Amp shunt is perfect for many applications and can accept up to 200 A peak; but for measuring low-current devices the 1 A shunt provides increased resolution and accuracy for measurements down into the microamp range. For measuring currents over 30 Amps, a selection of matching external current transducers are available in several styles, including high-accuracy transducers up to 1000 A.
The PA4000's voltage inputs can accept up to 1000 VRMS, 2000 Vpeak, continuous.
Tektronix Test Equipment PA4000 Features
- 1 to 4 Input Modules allows several configurations to match your application
- High measurement accuracy of 0.04% (basic voltage & current accuracy) for demanding test requirements
- Dual internal current shunts for each module maximize accuracy for high- and low-current measurements
- Unique Spiral Shunt™ design maintains stability over variations in current, temperature, etc. (patent applied for)
- Proprietary frequency detection algorithms ensure rock-solid frequency tracking even on noisy waveforms
- Application-specific test modes simplify instrument setup and reduce the likelihood of user error
- Easy data export to USB flash drive or remote PC software, for reporting and/or remote control
- Many standard features such as comm ports and harmonic analysis eliminate costly upgrade options
Tektronix Test Equipment PA4000 Applications
- Power conversion
- Power generation
- Motor drives
- Electrical propulsion
- Frequency converters
- Electric and hybrid vehicle
- High-efficiency lighting
- Consumer electronics
- Standby power