The California Instruments 3091LD 3000 Watt Programmable AC Load Bank, is designed to provide precisely controlled, non-linear loads for testing AC power generation equipment such as UPS’s and AC sources. In addition, any active or passive current carrying devices such as switches, circuit breakers, fuses, connectors and power semiconductors can be tested. Traditionally, many of these products are tested using resistive load banks. This approach does not simulate real-world conditions such as switching DC/AC converters found in many AC powered products. This type of conventional testing does not fully exercise the equipment under test (EUT) under worst case operating conditions.
High peak currents and low power factor loads can significantly impact the operating characteristics of a UPS or AC power product. The 3091LD AC Load Bank can simulate high crest factor and variable power factor load conditions. This provides an effective method of testing AC products against real-world conditions and can significantly increase product reliability. Unless properly exercised, product defects may go undetected until a unit is used at a customer site, resulting in costly field returns.
- Multi-mode AC Electronic Load: Flexible solution for a wide range of AC power test applications
- 3000 Watt Power Dissipation: Master / Auxiliary configurations for higher power and multi phase applications
- 50 to 350 V, 45 Hz to 440 Hz: Commercial, Military and Avionics applications
- Programmable Crest & Power Factor: Test AC power products for real-world conditions
- Built-in Measurements: Eliminates the need for additional test equipment in bench or ATE applications
- Remote Control: IEEE-488 and RS232C Interface for automated test applications
||3000 W @ 0-37° C; 2400 W @ 38-50° C
||50 to 350 VRMS
||45 to 440 Hz
|Max. Peak Power:
||13 kW (up to 20% duty cycle)
|Max. Peak/Surge Current:
||90 APEAK Surge: 300 APEAK for 50 ms
|Max. Peak Voltage: