Load Dump pulses simulate the sudden disconnection (e.g. by corrosion) of the battery from the alternator while the alternator is generating current to load the battery. Such Load Dump pulses are high energy pulses with a high potential of destruction.
The LD 200S19 is a standalone pulse generator including a 60V/25A DC coupling/decoupling network but still it can be integrated easily into a complete test system. Operation is both manual and by software via GPIB or RS232. Fail inputs allow to control an ongoing test sequence based on the status of the DUT. A warning lamp control contact is provided as well as a safety interlock. Pre-programmed Standard Test routines for standards such as ISO 7637 allow highest user convenience.
The LD 200S19 generates the Load Dump pulses Test 1, Test 2 (Giant Pulse) and Test 3 as per Toyota specification.
- Center tapped high voltage transformer.
- Safety interlock engaged when lid is open.
- Fast acting relay ensures immediate cutout at flashover.
- Lamp indicating AC power on.
- Lamp indicating test sample breakdown.
- Fuses are located on the input to the test set and on the primary of the high voltage transformer.
- Zero start interlock
- Memory voltmeter retains breakdown voltage.
- The test compartment is provided with outlet for convenient plug-in of motor driven stirrer when testing to ASTM D1816 and VDE standards.
|Input ||Voltage/Current ||120 V, 5 A |
230 V, 2.5 A
|Frequency ||50 Hz or 60 Hz (one must be specified) |
|Output ||Voltage/Current ||0-75 kV at 500 VA |
|Maximum Voltage to Earth ||37,500V |