All three AVEX Shock Machines are firmware-controlled, pneumatically-powered shock testers for accurate, repeatable laboratory and production impact testing of specimens up to 1000 pounds, depending on the model. With appropriate pulse generators, a Shock Machine will produce half sine, sawtooth, and square wave pulse shapes which meet exacting military and industrial specifications, or individual test requirements. Generated waveforms comply with typical military specifications, including MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-750, MILSTD-810 and MIL-STD-883.
When this pressure is reached, the holding brake is released. The carriage is then driven downward by the charge pressure, impacting on a pulse generator mounted on the anvil. Upon impact, the brake is actuated, holding the carriage in a rebound position and preventing secondary impact. Simultaneously a data capture system may be triggered for recording the shock pulse.
The base assembly functions as an inertial mass and reacts with the falling carriage to generate a shock pulse. The assembly is made of high-strength reinforced concrete, encased in a steel jacket, and is supported on four air mounts. It supports a carriage and guide rod, and contains a pneumatic cylinder assembly, an electronic- pneumatic control system, and a control panel. The machine is shipped completely assembled.
||Smallest model for testing specimens up to 50 pounds
||Mid-range model tests specimens up to 200 pounds
||Largest model capable of testing up to 1000 pounds
Benchmark Electronics AVEX SM Features
- Keypad Entry of Test Parameters (with 12 character alphanumeric display)
- Shock Testing from 3g to 30,000g
- Test Specimen Weights Up to 1,000 Pounds (453.59 kg)
- Shock Durations from 0.012ms to 100ms
- Single or multiple drop cycles at a rate of up to 8 cycles per minute
- Compliance with MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-883
- 3 Shock Pulse Generators: Half Sine, Sawtooth, and Square Wave