The HVA60 is not only the most advanced HV test system available, it is also the lightest, most com-pact instrument of its type on the market. The HVA60 has the highest power to weight ratio of any comparable unit available. Apart from the variable frequency VLF output, the operator can also select dual polarity DC and cable jacket or sheath testing outputs modes. The HVA60 model is capable of testing 1µF (Approx. 10,000 ft/ 3 000m of cable*) at 0.1Hz and 62kV peak. The frequency or voltage of the output can also be reduced allowing even larger capacitance loads to be tested - at 0.02Hz, approx 50,000 ft / 15,000m of cable can be tested. Test results are stored in the instrument’s onboard memory allowing easy retrieval and download to a PC/Laptop for review and analysis.
- VLF (0.1Hz), DC (±), Cable Fault Conditioning (Burning), and Sheath/Jacket Testing modes all included.
- VLF: the proven and accepted replacement for the traditional DC Hipot or “proof” test for solid dielectric cables such as XLPE and EPR
- Fully Automatic or manual cable test sequences complying with International Standards/Guides
- Meets all your cable testing requirements.
- True Symmetrical Sinusoidal, load independent, output waveform across the full load range
- Real-time Display of actual output waveform.
- Easy to use, ergonomic, menu guided, large backlit user interface
- Large output load capability (up to 15µF)
- Automatic and integrated load capacitance measurement with optimum frequency selection
- Storage of test results for later retrieval or download to a PC/Laptop
- No oil or arcing contacts that require routine maintenance
- Short circuited protected with active arc manage-ment regulation that avoids the usual nuisance tripping of conventional HV test equipment