Hipotronics CF70-12/-24 primary cable fault locator consists of a dc proof tester, a burner and a capacitive discharge fault locator (thumper). These self-contained, portable units are rugged, reliable and compact making them ideal for field use. The CF70-12 or –24 has a continuously adjustable impulse rate from three to thirty seconds. Test ratings are a 0-70 kV dc proof test voltage, a 100 mA burn current and a 0-25kV dc capacitive discharge (thumper) voltage.
The units can be used with a high voltage coupler (HVC-4100 Series) and a time domain reflectometer (TDR-1150 or TDR-1170) to quickly provide a specific distance to the fault in feet or meters. This combination of equipment can greatly reduce the amount of high voltage (number of thumps) applied to the cable, resulting in reduced damage or degradation to the cable under test.
- Self-Contained Unit Features Proof Tester, Burner and Thumper in One
- Burn Currents to 100 mA
- Impulse Energies of up to 7000 Joules
- Automatic and Manual Thumper Mode
- Operable from Line Voltage or Generator
- Single HV Output for All Modes
- Zero Start Interlock
- External Interlock
- Mode Indicator Lights
- Electrically Operated Shorting Solenoids with Mechanical Ground Assurance
- Electrical Utilities
- Test Companies
- Petrochemical Facilities
- Facility Maintenance